My little girl turned three so I decided to bake her a beautiful pink cake minus the nasty colouring agents in honour of divine girly feminine! This is a modified recipe which was inspired by Food & Home Za and wow what a beautifully pink and moist, scrumptious cake it is! For more about birthday cake origins or if you prefer chocolate beetroot cake read this!
Disclaimer: the kids didn’t really like the cake but the mums did and indulged in two slices each!
- 150g butter, softened
- 300g (1½ cups) brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vanilla extract
- 240g (2 cups) white baking flour
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 500g beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 250ml (1 cup) Pacific Rose apple, grated
Raspberry Cream Topping
- 300ml of pouring cream
- 1-2 tablespoons of good raspberry jam (until you get the pink you like)
- 1 or two teaspoons of the beetroot water from boiling the beetroot
Ilana Sowter is a passionate Acupuncturist in Murrays Bay, on the North Shore of Auckland. Expect the best acupuncture, holistic health consultation, tailored treatment and advice with 8 years experience for women’s health, lifestyle, acupuncture, dietetics and Chinese herbs.
Contact Ilana on 020 4159 8393 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Skype consultations available for international clients.
Copyright © 2018 Ilana Sowter · All Rights Reserved