My little girl turned three so I decided to bake her a beautiful pink cake minus the nasty colouring agents in honour of divine girly feminine! This is a modified recipe which was inspired by Food & Home Za and wow what a beautifully pink and moist, scrumptious cake it is! For more about birthday cake origins or if you prefer chocolate beetroot cake read this!
Disclaimer: the kids didn’t really like the cake but the mums did and indulged in two slices each!
- 150g butter, softened
- 300g (1½ cups) brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vanilla extract
- 240g (2 cups) white baking flour
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 500g beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 250ml (1 cup) Pacific Rose apple, grated
Raspberry Cream Topping
- 300ml of pouring cream
- 1-2 tablespoons of good raspberry jam (until you get the pink you like)
- 1 or two teaspoons of the beetroot water from boiling the beetroot
Ilana Sowter is a passionate Acupuncturist in Fairfield, in the inner North or Melbourne. Expect the best acupuncture, holistic health consultation, tailored treatment and advice with 10 years experience for women’s health, lifestyle, acupuncture, dietetics and Chinese herbs.
Contact Ilana on 0466866450 or email@example.com to book.
Online consultations available for international clients.
Copyright © 2019 Ilana Sowter · All Rights Reserved