Recently I mentioned the benefits of eggs for fertility, especially while you are getting your acupuncture to optimise the benefits of your treatments.
Eating raw eggs is a great way to improve your fertility.
My nonna (Italian grandmother) swears by this dish for breakfast to restore and rejuvenate your health if you have been sick or exhausted.
Uovo batutto translates in Italian to ‘beaten egg’ in English.
To read about the top ten fertility foods click here.
It certainly is an acquired taste, like most weird healthy food does but I must say it is quick, easy, and satusfying to eat and prepare!
one raw, fresh organic egg
a dash of maple syrup/honey
a dash of whiskey or Marsala
Place whole egg maple syrup and whiskey in bowl. Beat for 2-3 minutes until it is a thick foamy consistency. Eat from bowl in the sunshine or place in a fancy glass and enjoy!
Uovo Battuto Variations
You can mix up what you add to your uovo sbattuto, a pinch of cinnamon or turmeric, a dash of coffee or some organic milk. Adding fresh ginger is great for a warming and phlegm-reducing effect.
What Is This Raw Egg Dish Good For?
So many things;
- gives you energy yay!
- satisfies a sweet craving
- it’s great for teeth and bones
- essential fats to build sex hormones
- it’s nourishing for women who are pregnant (just make sure your eggs are super fresh and clean)
- breastfeeding and kids too.
- It is a jing tonic, given the Chinese consider pure egg as pure essence
- pure substance that is very nourishing like other eggs and seeds found in nature are good for our gametes (eggs and sperm).
So give it a try, it is like a frothy mousse with a slight sweet flavour.
A traditional Italian breakfast that deserves complete appreciation. Buon appetito!
Chinese Medicine Auckland
Ilana specialises in Chinese medicine for women’s health, fertility and pregnancy on the North shore of Auckland.
Contact Ilana on 020 4159 8393 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Skype consultations available for international clients.
Copyright © 2018 Ilana Sowter · All Rights Reserved