How many times have you asked yourself what am I meant to be doing with my life?
Or how did I end up in my current life and situation?
Last night, I attended a public talk by Dr John Demartini; an inspirational speaker, teacher and writer. My dad (thank you, Dad!) bought me his first book when I was an undergrad Science student many moons ago. And I have been reading his material ever since because it has always given me inspiration and encouraged me to move through the challenges that I face in life.
I actually met John in April, 2012 after flying in from Melbourne to Sydney. I stumbled upon an underground Japanese restaurant in George Street and ordered my meal. Low and behold I gazed up to be staring in the eyes of Dr D! He was dining with some young, attractive woman. I couldn’t help looking over every five minutes, especially considering that I read sometimes read his book Count Your Blessings everynight! Being the typical Aussie with tall poppy syndrome, I just quietly ate my meal and snuck the odd gaze over. When he got up to leave he approached me and said, “Do we know each other?”. So of course I just had to gush about how much I loved his books etc!
His dining companion was his daughter, Aurora, and in her thick American accent she insisted we have a photo! I was wrapped but so shy and nervous!
Last night, we hung around to chat to him after the talk and this time when I had my picture taken with him I nearly squeezed the life out of him!
My friend Nella thought he was going to give me his Breakthrough Experience weekend (which costs 3 grand by the way) for free!
Inspirations From The Night
- Aim to master all aspects of your life: spiritual, mental, vocational, financial, familial, social and wellbeing quests
- You can’t have a positive without a negative
- The source of fear (phobia) is the addiction to fantasy (philia)
- Find your highest value: you will endure the pleasure and pain equally in its pursuits with objective and even-mindedness
- People grow the most at a point of balance with discomfort
- Have a balanced goal
- Find your own values, most of us live in other peoples values
- Compare your daily actions to your highest values, whatever you think about all the time or love do every day without reminding is your highest priority
- You are here to do love-tos not I should dos or must dos…
On that note, what do you think about all the time, what do you love to do and how can you live a most inspired life? Think about it now and take action.
Life Coach Melbourne
A holistic coaching consultation for you aims to break through beliefs and barriers that are psychologically holding you back from being your best and living your life in your fullest potential. Are you tired of your life and don’t know how to change things for the better?
At Femme Vital, expect the tailored coaching to your needs and look forward to living life in an authentic and wonderful way.
For in Clinic Acupuncture or online Holistic Health coaching Book Online or contact us on 03 9005 6730.
Copyright © 2021 Ilana Sowter · All Rights Reserved