Asthma Chinese Medicine
Asthma Chinese Medicine: understanding a deeper holistic meaning of the imbalance. Essentially, asthma is a respiratory condition affecting the airways of the lungs. Signs and symptoms include episodes of wheezing, breathlessness and chest tightness. It can be a serious, life-threatening disease. Living with this condition is challenging, especially for a young child.
Australian Statistics of Asthma
- 1 in 9 Australians have asthma approximately 2.7 million people.
- It’s more common in males aged 0–14, but among those aged 15 and over, asthma is more common in females.
- The rate of asthma among Indigenous Australians is almost twice as high as that of non-Indigenous Australians. This is even more marked in the older adult age group.
- Asthma is more common in people living in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas. Poor diet and knowledge can effect gut health and immunity.
- Interestingly, the prevalence of asthma is significantly higher in people living in inner regional areas compared with people living in major cities or outer regional and remote areas. (Asthma Australia, 2019).
Chinese Medicine, Asthma & Lung Energy
TCM Asthma Risks
- Hereditary factors
- Repeated respiratory infections
- Too much phlegm-producing foods – e.g. cow’s milk, cheese, peanuts, sugar, bananas & fruit juice
- Irregular feeding as a baby
- Food additives – choose fresh food and read the labels
- Too much television & computer games – creates internal heat and stress
- Bad posture
- Emotional trauma
- Corticosteriod creams for treatment of eczema – notice how allergies, asthma and eczema often go hand in hand
- Lingering Pathogenic Factor – the child’s asthma is worse or appeared after being quite sick, then got better but not completely resolved.
Insufficient Spleen Energy
Lifestyle Changes for Asthma Chinese Medicine
Metaphysical Aspects of Asthma
Affirmation: It is safe now for me to take charge of my own life. I choose to be free.
Affirmation: The world is safe and friendly. I am safe. I am at peace with life.
Affirmation: The child is safe and loved. The child is welcomed & cherished.
Affirmation: It is my birthright to live fully and freely. I am worth loving. I now choose to live life fully.
Affirmation: I am noticed and appreciated in the most positive ways. I am loved.
Affirmation: I have the capacity to take in the fullness of life. I lovingly live life to the full.
Affirmation: I am safe. I love my life.
Chinese Herbal Medicine Studies On Asthma
Chinese Medicine Melbourne
At Femme Vital Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs & Coaching in Fairfield, Melbourne expect the best life coaching to your needs and look forward to living life in an authentic and wonderful way.
Call Ilana on 0466 866 450 or send her an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Online consultations available for international clients.
Copyright © 2019 Ilana Sowter · All Rights Reserved