This amazing therapy is now available at the clinic to add to your acupuncture or cosmetic treatments!
LED, or light emitting diode therapy, is a skincare treatment that uses varying wavelengths of light, including red and blue. It is not like the normal LED lights in a building.
Originally used by NASA for plant growth experiments on shuttle missions and later found it to have promise for wound treatment. It helped the astronauts with their health in space.
Have You Heard Of LED Light Rejuvenation Therapy?
I am very skeptical of using new technology and machines as the long-term side effects may not be exposed. Hence why traditional therapies that are non-invasive and gentle are a top choice. I have recently extensively researched the new technology of LED Light Rejuvenation Therapy and have been so amazed with the results and gentleness of this device that I am now adding it to the clinic!
Benefits of LED Light Rejuvenation Therapy
- non-invasive compared to chemical peels
Not all LED Therapy machines are created equal. This is based on the quality of the light bulbs in the device. Only use machines that you know are tested and approved by the TGA. Inferior quality and cheaper devices could have harmful long-term side effects that you don’t know about.
What Do You Get LED LRT For?
There are three main functions the device can support you with;
- Skin Rejuvenation (red light is primarily used for anti-ageing, age spots, pigmentation & wrinkles)
- Acne (blue light is used for pimples and comedones)
At the moment, it’s $150 for a cosmetic acupuncture treatment with LED LRT. To add on LED LRT in any other treatment is an extra $50.
How Often Should I get LED LRT?
- Each LED LRT takes 20 minutes at a time. It is recommended to have one session per week for ten weeks. Then every four weeks thereafter to support results.
- At-home LED devices can be used at your convenience without having to go to any appointments; the downside is that the machine may be low quality and so results may not be as dramatic.
- LED LRT does not contain harmful ultraviolet rays, so they’re safe for regular use. It’s like getting sun healing without the damage.
- LED LRT doesn’t cause burns compared to other anti-aging treatments such as chemical peels, dermabrasion, and laser therapy. It is safe for all skin colors and types.
- You shouldn’t use LED LRT if you take roacutane (or similar drugs for acne) or if you’re experiencing skin rashes. Or if you are using or taking anything that makes your skin sensitive to the sun.
- Side effects are extremely rare, but may include increased inflammation, redness, and rashes.
Is It Efficient?
- When used as directed, LED light rejuvenation therapy can improve your skin over time. You need maintenance treatments to keep your results as you desire.
- NB: – Home inferior devices use lower frequencies and haven’t been proven as effective.
- If you’re curious, this page has before and after pictures.
Cosmetic Acupuncture Melbourne
At Femme Vital, expect 13 years experience supporting holistic beauty from within with cosmetic acupuncture, Gua Sha, LED Light Rejuvenation Therapy and Chinese herbs.
For in Clinic or Online appointments Book Online or contact us on 03 9005 6730, by appointment only.
Copyright © 2022 Ilana Sowter · All Rights Reserved